Best of Chile from Atacama to Patagonia - Summer 2021
Best Of Chile From Atacama To Patagonia – Summer 2021
It is no surprise that Chile is known as the “country of poets”. From Santiago’s vibrant culture, to the great wilderness of the Atacama Desert, vast landscapes of Patagonia and glaciers of the south, you’ll find inspiration at every turn. Along the way indulge on delicious regional dishes and local beverages, including Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in Casablanca Wine Country. Stay in an all-inclusive, eco-friendly property in Torres Del Paine National Park and enjoy a glacier excursion inside the national park.
- Santiago: Later, enjoy lunch with wine near El Mercado Central.
- Puerto Natales: Famous for spiced meat and seafood dishes, tonight’s dinner will have you savouring typical Patagonian dishes.
- Santiago: In the evening meet your Travel Director and fellow guests at the hotel and enjoy a private Welcome Dinner.
- Casablanca: After lunch, visit the Kingston Family Vineyard for a private tasting in the Casablanca Valley. Recognised as one of the best wineries in Chile, its produce has been featured on the wine lists of top restaurants including Aureole in New York.
- Atacama: Enjoy dinner before heading for your second evening of stargazing in the desert.
- Torres del Paine:Torres del Paine: After a day exploring, join your Travel Director and new friends as you toast to your travels at a Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 4 Lunches (L), 2 Lunches with wine (LW), and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Torres del Paine: This afternoon, join a Patagonian Ranch Cultural Experience and learn about the baqueano (cowboy) way of life. During your time with these local cowboys – the descendants of horsemen who came to work ranches in this remote region more than a century ago, you will learn about their special clothing, saddles and other horse tack. You’ll also be shown how to properly saddle a horse, nail a horseshoe and of course how to ride. Enjoy a Yerba mate tea with them while chatting about Patagonian culture.
- Torres del Paine: Completely immerse yourself in its beauty on a trekking adventure, the best way to explore the UNESCO Reserve.
Top Rated Highlights
- Valparaiso: Begin your day with a visit to Valparaiso. Explore the UNESCO protected site with a Local Expert.
- Moon Valley: From there you’ll be driven to the Moon Valley for a guided visit. A nod to its name, this moon-like area is made up of dunes, caves and caverns. Learn more about its history and the land formations from a Local Expert.
- Andes Highlands: Afterwards, go for a guided stargazing experience up in the Andes Highlands (weather permitting).
- Atacama: In the morning, take a guided visit to the Atacama Geysers, the largest in the Southern Hemisphere. Located in the Andes Mountains you’ll be 14,170 ft (4320 metres) above sea level.
- Atacama Explore the geology of the region with Local Experts and see huge sand dunes, natural amphitheatres, volcanoes and cloudless skies.
- Santiago: On arrival, take a tour of the city with a Local Expert. Discover its Neoclassical landmarks including the 18th century Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Torres del Paine: Take a scenic drive to Torres del Paine National Park. There will be plenty of scenic photo stops along the way. The park is situated in Chile’s Patagonia region and is famous for its glaciers, grasslands, imposing mountains and the three granite towers it is named after. It is part of UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserve System and is known for its rare wildlife.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Santiago.
Valparaiso and the Casablanca Wine Country.
On to Atacama.
Atacama Salt Flats.
Atacama to Santiago.
On to Puerto Natales.
Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers Excursion.
Torres del Paine National Park.
Sightseeing in Torres del Paine.
Back to Santiago.